Sunday, June 5, 2011

Surprise!!!

My usual routine coming home from work is to open the garage door, let Gabriel out of his cage and head outside for hurry time!  Well, this afternoon when I opened the door I was greeted with Gabriel sitting in the middle of the stuffing from his dog bed (green batting) in pieces!  He had totally dismantled the cover by unzipping/chewing the cover and had chewed the inside to smithereens!  He very casually walked out of his cage went outside and never looked back.  Needless to say he now only has a piece of remnant carpet as his bed in the cage.  We have been a little lax with his training but picked up the slack this weekend and spent quite a bit of time working on his commands. 

Another funny story about our baby occurred again this weekend.  I was cleaning and a quarter dropped off the refrigerator onto the floor.  As I continued to place the items I had in my hands away I turned and the quarter was not there.  I immediately went to Gabriel who was next to me and looked at him and asked if he had the quarter.  Of course he did not answer but looked at me with his mouth closed (almost like he was hiding something).  Now I know the quarter was on the floor and had disappeared in the 2 seconds it took me to put the papers away.  I looked around on the carpet where he was laying, the only thing I did not do was open his mouth.  I figured if he had it he would make a clinking sounds with it in his mouth.  I went back to the kitchen to look under the cabinet.  While on my knees looking I heard a clink in the other room and looked back and sure enough he had the quarter in his mouth.  When I ran back in there he tried to get it but thankfully I beat him to it!  I swear he knew all along he was not supposed to have it and was hiding that darn quarter in his mouth until I left the room.  Thank goodness he did not swallow it!

He is the funniest puppy!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment